Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Yeast infection, distinct odor, white cottage cheese like discharge. What treatment and medication should I take?

I m seventeen years old and I have had a yeast infection for over a year now. I have told my mother but she was never in any rush to take me to the gynecologist and still today is not. I have had all the symptoms associated with having a yeast infection. The only thing that is really distressing and has never left is the distinct odor and the white cottage cheese like discharge . It is very uncomfortable and embarrassing can you please tell me what i need to use in order to get rid of the yeast infection. There are so many creams and pills that i m unsure what would be best to get rid of this horrible thing..
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely bacterial vaginosis and associated yeast infection.For my patients with such cases i advise clindamycin or metronidazole combined with clotrimazole in the form of vaginal suppositories or oral tablets.I also recommend them to use intimate wash to normalize vaginal bacterial flora and PH and there by prevent getting further infections.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.
Answered: Sun, 6 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor