Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Wounds in the earlobe of a 2 years old baby

hi. im 42 years old now and i have a baby of 2months old. he has a wound in his earlobe. i already brought him to his pediatrician and gave him an antibiotic which i have to apply 2times a day for 1 week. its 1 week now and i still see the wounds. the wound looks like you peel the skin reddish and watery. do i have to bring him to an e.e.n.t.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
This seems to be excoriation of the skin of his ears. It may also be a result of ear discharge if it is around the ear canal. Have his ears examined by an ENT Specialist and a Skin Specialist. Is it possible for you to upload close up photographs of his ears? (While that would be helpful, it is still impossible to examine his ears). You may also use mitts (mittens) to avoid him scratching his ears.
Answered: Sun, 10 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
IT might be a localized infection , acute suppurative otitis media, or Preauricular sinus.

1- If this will be an infection then apply some antibiotic topically.

2- If this is ASOM-- discharge coming from auditory canal, then antibiotic topically n orally shd be given along with supportive treatment.

3- If this will be a preauricular sinus then , it needs surgical excision.

Consult an ENT surgeon with this information. Hope this will help u.

Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor