Worried sick about my high BP. Doctors wont put me on medication

worried sick about my high blood pressure. Doctors wont put me on medication...? im 31 and have had high blood pressure, usually 150/100. Ive been like this for over a year now. I m a healthy weight, I exercise, I ve cut down on salt and alcohol. I ve done everything they ve reccomended and yet still after over a year it stays high. Why wont my doctors help me by giving me the medication to help lower it ? I m scared because I ve had family members die from heart attacks and my mother had to have a pacemaker fitted. What can I do ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009