Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Why my husband is not able to control stress as he is suffering from cholesterol problem ?

My husband is a heart patient and he has got cholestral problem, he is 95 kgs and 56 yrs, he is not able to control stress or simple problem, is there any table to control stress.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with your husband's stress level. I suggest you meet a clinical psychologist to get him evaluated for his coping skills and devise/suggest stress management techniques like distraction techniques. I would also suggest breathing relaxation exercises, yoga and meditation to control his stress. No psychotropic medication would be advisable at this stage.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

If you are not able to control your stress than it will also increase your heart problem. you have to control stress by increase your self confidence,busy with friens and family.your weight is also on higher should also reduce some weight by low calory diet and regular and meditation is also helpful to reduce your stress.

If You can't able to manage your stress than consult psychiatrist.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor