Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Why do I feel irritated during my periods ?

hi iam 26 yrs old 50 kg 52 heighti have irregular periods from the beginning from past few years i m getting highly irritated an very short tempered i get periods once in 2 months or three months is this age too late to take treatments
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
read your prob, irregular bleeding, short tempered, n irritable nature all are the cause of hormonal imbalance, most probanly thyroid hormon. so you should get thyroid profile, n gonadal hormonal profile for rule out the cause n consult with your doc n start proper treatment.
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You have got hormonal imbalance resulting in irregular period as well as short tempered nature.
Consult gynaec and with hormonal treatment you will be alright.
At any age you can take treatment,you are quite in time.
Ok and bye,
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
no age is too late for proper treatment.u shud definitey consult gynaecologist for ur PMS n irregular menses.dont neglect as it may indicate underlying hormonal problem.
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

The above symptoms are suggestive of Oligomenorrhea...,
In oligomenorrhea is menstruation occurs more than 45 days, or menstrual fluid less than 50ml, less than 3 days.. there are many causes for the oligomenorrhea.., you need to be clinically evaluated and examined.., also since you are short temper, its better to get Thyroid profile done to rule out thyroid disorder..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor