Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

190 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What treatment should I take to get relief from reoccurrence of cyst on the leg ?

my mom suffers from a cyst in her leg. she operates it herself and a straw coloured viscous fluid comes out mixed with blood . it rests for few weeks and the cyst again shows up, what do u think about this. she is 60 years of age and the problem is ~ 30 yrs old. many operations and tests have occured. a plastic surgeon had once washed with saline after a small surgery and it was gone for years. it showed back when had a repeatitive shear on that place due to a particular sandal. can u suggest something?
Mon, 16 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Panchali,
Your mother has cyst on the leg, it may be sebescious cyst or callosity in the leg.
Never try to disturb it by doing self operation ! there is chance of tetanus,infection etc.
If it is in connection with the joint it may be arthritis or synovitis.
Consult surgeon for diagnosis and treatment.
ok and bye.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....