Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What tests are there to find out triglycerides ?

I have borderline high triglycerides (191), high hdl (76) and slightly high ldl (104). I work out moderately hard to very hard for 4-6 hours per week. I eat mostly whole grains, fruits & veggies, lowfat dairy, lean meats. I do like desserts, and occasionally eat a high fat treat. I almost never drink alcohol. I am female, 44, 5 2 , 106 lbs.--definitely not overweight . My doc recommends dietary changes and exercise, but I don t think she realizes how much I already do. I can only imagine my numbers if my activity level and diet were that of the average American. Is it possible that I have a genetic condition which predisposes me to high triglycerides? What tests would I take to find out?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
You have got high your work and your food it looks like that you might have genetic tendency.
Still go for strict regime of fat and carbohydrate.
Avoid fried and junk food.
Even if you are doing work still you require exercise,like running,swimming.
You may take medicine for reducing triglycerides from your doctor.
ok and bye,
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor