What stroke means?

Hi guys aman here, can anyone tel me about what stroke means?
Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Stroke usaully occurs when the blood supply to a part of the brain is interrupted, ischemia damages or kill the cells in the area, producing the sings and symptons of a stroke.generally there are two types of stroke, Hemorrhgic and ischemic.Hhemorrhagic stoke occurs when a cerebral artery or arteriole ruptures, somtimes but not always at thd site of a small aneurysm. Ischemic stroke occurs when flow in a vessel is compromised by atherosclerotic plaques on which thrombi form

HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
STROKE IS A GENERAL TERM FOR MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY CEREBRO VASCULAR ACCIDENT,CERBRAL MEEANS BRAIN AND VASCULAR MEANS RELATED TO BLOOD VESSELS AND ACCIDENT MEANS EITHER THE BLOOD SUPPLYING ARTERIES ARE RUPTURED OR BLOCKED BY EMBOLI OR BY THROMBUS RESULTING IN LESS OR NO SUPPLY TO BRAIN PARTICLARLY MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY SUPPLYING TO CORONA RADIAT WHICH IS A BUNCH OF NERVE FIBRES SUPPLYING FACE, UPPER AND LOWER LIMBS OF OPPOSITE SIDE AND AS NO BLOOD THIS PART LOOSE CONTROL AND BECOME PARLYTIC AND AS IT OCCURS SUDDENLY DUE TO RISE IN BLOOD PRESSURE OR BECAUSE OF HEART DISEASE OR MALFUNTION SO IT IS CALLED STROKE ,SOME RARELY ALOS USE FOR SUDDEN HEART ATTACK OR MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONAS CARDIAC STROKE
drnakipuria@gmail.com

Shahajahan's  Response
When blood flow to the brain is impaired, oxygen and important nutrients cannot be delivered. The result is abnormal brain function. Blood flow to the brain can be disrupted by either a blockage or rupture of an artery to the brain. A stroke is also referred to as a cerebrovascular accident or CVA.
Looka's  Response
If you want to know about Stroke, Watch IPL the commentator says it very frequently when the batsman hits the ball.
nihar's  Response
is paralysis that you are taking about?
Ananth's  Response
A stroke is the sudden death of brain cells due to a problem with the blood supply