Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What should a diabetic take for fever,body ache ?

i a diabetic on metformin 500 twice a day. diabetes under control. Have fever since 1 day. Full body ache. Joint pain also. what should i do??
Asked On : Mon, 15 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The pattern of fever you described is consistent with a pattern of viral fever. If its low grade you can just take crocin over the counter. If it is high grade do see your physician. Wish you a speedy recovery
Take care
Answered: Mon, 15 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The fever you have with body ache and joint pain may be a viral fever;due to urinary infection etc so see if you have any associated symptom like cough;cold;chills;increased frequency of urine.Presently you can just take a Paracetamol tablet every 6 hourly to get relief from fever and body pain.If you do not get relief or the fever is continuous then you have to consult a doctor;get examined and treated.
Answered: Mon, 15 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi, you had fever since one week. Once you do again FBS and PPBS And Urine routine with urine for abetones. Because most of diabetic people suffer with urinary tract infections. After reports comes you consult near doctor and take drugs.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor