What causes orange oily discharge from the rectum?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: why would orange bile come from rectum
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bile ducts blockage

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns,

Please note that orange bile coming out of the rectum indicates blockage of the bile ducts.

Blockage of the bile ducts can be due to gallstones, pancreatic or gallbladder tumors... I would recommend that you get an abdominal CT scan to assess the anatomical state of your pancreas and gallbladder...

Other causes of orange fluid leaking out of the rectum include infectious colitis, malabsorption while consuming orange-colored foods as carrots...

I hope you find this helpful..Feel free to ask further...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee