Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What should I do to get regular periods if I am trying for pregnancy ?

i am 24 years old and sexually active. I am trying to get pregnant but am not getting my normal period. its been over six years still no regular periods. i dont want to take birth control pills because i want to get pregnant. my doctors said that my uteras, ovaries, blood test and are all normal. what should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You should go for an endometrial biopsy and take the treatment accordingly for the irregular cycles.You have not mentioned about your husband's semen test , another important test is hysterosalpingography to see the patency of the tubes.If the semen count is okay and your tubes are patent and there is no polycystic ovary then you can take tablet letrozole 5 mgm from the 3rd to 7th day of menstrual cycle , each tablet per day after dinner ( total 5 tablets ), after that you should go for the follicular studies on 11th or 13th day of the cycle to see the mature ova.This all should be done under the guidance of a gynaecologist.
You have not mentioned about your cycles , whether short or long ? Progesterone is given for short cycles.
Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 4 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor