Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What medication can I take for enlarged prostate ?

I have been having urination discomfort and urge at day and night. When ultra sonogram test was done, mild enlargement of prostate was shown while the creatinine was 0.9 in the blood . What medication can i take and necessary precautions ?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Delwar,

Welcome to HCM.
You have not mentioned your age, the size of prostate and the amount of residual urine.
Your Serum creatinine is within normal limits.
Treatment is based on all these factors as well as taking into consideration, other diseases that you may have such as Hypertension and Diabetes.
If the outlet obstruction is mild, then medical treatment can be done, but if the obstruction is very significant and if there are back pressure effects, then surgery is required. Surgery is the treatment of choice.
Please consult an Urologist who will have to evaluate you and suggest right type of treatment. Medical treatment has to be done under Doctor's supervision and has to be done for a long time.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor