What causes blood in urine?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What conditions or diseases are associated with blood in the urine, and if needed, what specialty doctor do I need to see?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to see an urologist first and get examined clinically

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

Blood in the urine at your age can be due to many causes as listed below
1. A stone in the kidneys or ureters or urinary bladder.
2. An infection or inflammation involving the kidneys or urinary bladder.
3. Any benign or malignant growth involving the kidneys, ureters or urinary bladder.
4. At times, in women blood in urine can be due to gynecological problems involving the vagina and uterus.

Therefore it is suggested that you consult an urologist doctor first and get clinically examined and if needed then a gynecologist. Your doctors might recommend imaging investigations like an ultrasound scan and laboratory investigations to know the source of blood in the urine.