Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for itchy, dry skin under the testicles ?

hi doctor ;i have a very serious problem;my skin is very dry under testicles i scratch myself a lot and end up bleeding .its really embarrassing as i am male nurse;work with people everyday.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response

Thanks for posting your query.

It is important to check if you have fungal infection like tinea cruris. This appears like raised reddished-brown patches with scaly edges.

This can be treated with some over the counter antifungal creams like clotrimazole preparations. It is important not to scratch as this might lead to ulcers.

If there is no infection then it could be due to allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, eczema. You can try the following measures. Keep the groin area clean and dry. Use loosefitting cotton underclothes.

Apply emollients like vaseline and incase of severe itching you can try oral antihistamines. But this is a prescription medicine and you can ask you medical practitioner to prescribe them for you.

Hope you get better soon

Answered: Wed, 29 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor