How can itching and inflammation near the clitoris be treated?

Question
Hello doc, i have severe itching and redness in and around clitoris, vagina with redness and swelling.. What it could be?
Can you prescribe some itch relieving medicine or cream?
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thrush

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. It sound like you have a fungal infection, otherwise known as thrush. It is pretty common and treatable. Ask at the pharmacy for an anti - mycotic cream or vaginal pessaries (such as Nystatin) and use as directed by the pharmacist. It should bring your relief in 24 hours.

Good intimate hygiene, cotton underwear and keeping your private area dry will help prevent getting the infection again.
I hope this helps. Wishing you good health and all the best.

Follow-up: How can itching and inflammation near the clitoris be treated? 10 hours later
Thanks,
The pharmacist gave me this topical cream to the best of his knowledge,

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check back after treatment

Detailed Answer:

I am glad I was able to help. Use the cream as directed and please check back after you complete the treatment for follow up.
Keep in mind that thrush has a tendency to recur, especially in cases of decreased immunity and precautions should be taken to prevent recurrence.

Wishing you good health and all the best.

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Wishing you good health

Follow-up: How can itching and inflammation near the clitoris be treated? 1 minute later
Thank u so much,