What causes severe itching and hematuria in an elderly person?
Need to consult Urologist
Thanks for follow up .
Blood in urine (Hematuria ) is an alarming symptom and can be due to either infection of bladder (Cystitis or due to mass in bladder which needs to be investigated .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy).
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
In the mean while continue taking Macrobid along with Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .
Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe itching in ears with smelly discharge
- What causes persistent severe itching
- Swollen legs with severe itching what is causing this
- Severe itching caused by diabetes
- What causes severe itching with skin redness on leg
- Severe itching causes
- Simvastatin causing severe itching
- Causes of severe itching skin
- What causes severe itching and burning in the vagina
- What causes severe itching and diarrhea