What is the cure for psoriasis?

Is there any cure for psoriasis? I have a little psoriasis on near my ankle and am very afraid that it will increase a lot.
Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response

psoriasis is an auto immune disorder ,psoriasis is developed as immune response of body to any protien of self ,considering it as foriegn protien

in Ayurveda it all autoimmune disorders are kept under group Aamaj and ayurveda believe it is due to incorrect metabolism [mandagni vikar]

in Ayurveda psoriasis is described as ekkusth and there is very good treatment for psoriasis as copared to immunsuppressive treatment which do more harm than good

anti mitotic treatment is causing anemia and other hepatic malfunction ,thrombocytopenia[lowering in platelets count]

Ayurvedic treatment is devoid of the such sort of Adverse effects and also work as anti-oxidant therapy 

http://ayurvedadivine.com/

Homeopath Dr. Gaurav Kackar's  Response
welcome to health care magic forum,
Psoriasis is an auto immune disorder, and in Modern medicines there is no treatment for Psoriasis, as they will provide you only with steroids and local ointments which has which will only suppress your condition and has many side effects too.
If you are really looking for psoriasis cure than you have to switch on Homeopathy, which is safe and reliable and has no side effects.
You can see the results of cured cases of Psoriasis by Homeopathy just visit us at www.drkackerhomeopathy.com or mail us at info@drkackerhomeopathy.com
Shahajahan's  Response
the studies have found that education, stress reduction, and muscle relaxation training can be beneficial to many people with psoriasis. Adding these elements to a treatment plan can reduce disability, anxiety, and stress related to dealing with psoriasis.Treatments for psoriasis have potential side effects. People with moderate or severe psoriasis may need treatment for the rest of their lives. Many doctors will recommend that treatments be changed or rotated after a certain period of time to make treatment more effective and reduce side effects.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

"Ayurvedic Research Centre "  founded by Dr. ambalkar at Vasai in Maharashtra has helped to cure psoriasis in many peple. checkout this site.

http://www.healpsoriasis.com/

ganesh's  Response
There is no real cure for psoriasis, be careful or anybody claiming to have a psoriasis cure.
manoj's  Response
I read somewhere that smoking and all can also cause psoriasis. So don’t smoke.
Ved Prakash's  Response
The light therapy Is called PUVA (psoralen (a light-sensitizing medication) combined with exposure to ultraviolet light A (UVA). This helps in some cases but is not 100% guarentee for cure. No 100% guarantee for psoriasis cure at all.
yog's  Response
Be careful from Vasai's Ambalkars Psoriasis foundation called ARC. They are big time cheaters. My father was admitted there. First of all ARC is not at all Ayurvedic hospital. Its 99% Allopathic. Once you get admitted doctors at ARC inject heavy doses of steroids in your body, which limits psoriasis for time being. This is 8 day course. They dont give guarantee by when psoriasis will reoccur. some cases it re-occurs in 3months, 1year or 3 years...In my fathers case it reappeared in 1 year time. Once again my father was admitted there but this time the steroids didnt work.
1% is ayurvedic, because they give a medicine (which is nothing but simple stomach cleaner) after this 8 day course.

My suggestion is try identifing some good ayurvedic doctor, instead of going to Vasai'sARC. Minimum cost of this 8 day course is Rs. 7000 ,can go upto Rs.12000 +.

Thanks
aAlok's  Response
Hi,there is no cure for psoriasis, but a broad range of treatments is available to reduce the symptoms, clear up the skin, and send the disease into remission. The treatments range from creams rubbed into the skin, to lasers that aim ultraviolet rays at the skin, to the newest treatments injectable drugs made from living cells.
Shahajahan's  Response
Psoriasis treatments aim to interrupt the cycle that causes an increased production of skin cells, thereby reducing inflammation and plaque formation.There is no permanent cure for this.