Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What is the best treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis ?

hello, m 29 yrs i m ra positive. i was detected positiv after my delivery in 2009. i was n homeopathy tratment for which i got worse thn i didnt take regular tratment, nw that i have started regular treatment since lat 6mnths even after 6 mnths of HCQ n NAPROSYN treatment i suffer frm pain every now n than. wnever seasons change, stresss ets.. i also had two attacks of pleural effusion which is also pianful during deep breath . i m pschologically very much disturbed. cos m was jst 27 n i started developng disease.. do i need superspecialist consultations?? cos i dont see good prognosis in my case n keeps me depressed all the time
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
DONT GET DEPRESSED .THOUGH RA IS A MULTISYSTEM DISORDER there r many new drugs and disease modifying agents avaiable . all u need is a combination of these drugs .......hcqs is one such agent .consult a rheumatologist for dosages or a gen physician/consultant
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sunil.N's  Response
Hi Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum..
Rheumatoid arthritis can occur at any age. Common age being >40 yrs, women are commonly affected.
Features of Rheumatiod arthritis with Positive Rheumatoid Factor indicates bad prognosis., which is evidenced by 2 episodes of Pleural effusion.
You need to consult a Rheumatologist.
With better care and proper treatment disease can be controlled and disabilities can be limited.
Medications includes FIRST line drugs and SECOND line drugs, which can effeciently can limit the disease.
Others include exercise including swimming, can benefit.
Finally, minimizing emotional stress can help improve the overall health in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
Please consult Rheumatologist, and stay positive.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor