Can electrocution of the fingers cause any organ damage?

Question
I was unplugging a big cord from a wall outlet.it was a 2 outlet fixture with 6 outlet attachment on it.i was electrocuted pulling it out of the wall.my finger got electrocuted and it hurt but I am okay now,do you think it could have damaged another area in my body too since the electriticity went in me.has this happened to a lot of people and I this common and can a person suffer damge to organs from this.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Other organs can indeed be affected

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The likelihood of other organs being affected depends upon the intensity of the electrical current and the duration of electrocution. Intense electricity or long exposures can damage organs with electrical circuitry as in case of the heart and brain. Thus, if you feel palpitations or develop convulsions, you would have to seek medical assistance without delay.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Can electrocution of the fingers cause any organ damage? 15 hours later
It was only for aprox 10 seconds and I am having no problems other than a bad headache now that is probly from a cold.my finger is working okay.i had stopped using my static electrity dryer sheets because I ran out.could the buidup of static electrity on my clothes cause this?

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Build up of static electricity in your clothes is unlikely to cause it

Detailed Answer:
Build up of static electricity in the clothes/sheets is an unlikely contributor.
Take Aleve (naproxen) for the headache (preferbaly in full stomach).

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Can electrocution of the fingers cause any organ damage? 22 hours later
the headahes went away but I haven't felt as good mentally but I also have cold or flue aymptoms now so I am not sure what that electrical shock did to me.it was scary.have you heard of someone getting shocked from a electrical cord in their hand when they were pulling the cord out and what damge happened to them?please reply asap?

Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
I understand that it is scary but no need to get anxious. I am aware of a number of people who have suffered from electrocution but have had no long-term problems (I, myself, am among them). You need not worry.

Follow-up: Can electrocution of the fingers cause any organ damage? 4 hours later
thank you sir for your help

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to ask me back if you have any health related queries in the future.