What causes persistent headache after removal of an epidermoid cyst?

Excellent

Question
Hi sir,
I'm 30 years old I have been suffering with severe headache from past 10years. 5 years ago I consulted a neurologist and got diagnosed with a pineal region epidermoidal cyst but the size is 12*12*12mm so no need of surgery. and from then I have been using medicine for 3 to 4 months and got some relaxation with the pain.but before 6 months started getting severe headache again but this time started to vomit also and I consulted the same neurologist again and found that cyst size increased to 24*24*24mm and then I have undergone with a surgery and 90% of the cyst have been removed. But now I'm getting pain now and then and feeling numbness in my head. Is there anything to worry about please suggest me.
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to try Tab. Aleve (naproxen) 500 mg one or two tablets together when needed for headache. In spite of the removal of the epidermoid cyst you can still get some pain and numb sensation and there is no need to worry about it.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: What causes persistent headache after removal of an epidermoid cyst? 2 hours later
thanks for your advice.
can you please tell me is there any chance of the cyst to grow again in size. if yes please suggest me precautions to control it's size.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chances present

Detailed Answer:
Yes, unfortunately there is a chance for the cyst to grow again. Incidentally there is nothing that you can do about it. There are no specific precautions other than following a healthy lifestyle.