Suggest treatment for blood clot at the corner of the right eye after an injury

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Head Injuries
Question: XXXXXXX my head on the wind sheld two days ago and still have some swelling and this moring i have blood pooling at the XXXXXXX of my right eye
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be black eye, get a Xray skull or CT scan and if normal just analgesics

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been gone through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems like a simple case of black eye where any trauma over head may head to blood vessels to leak blood under the tight scalp and blood nay gravitate downwards to reach the only loose skin area and that is around eyes and forms a black halo around the eye and is called black eye.

However after such blunt trauma to head you should have at least had X-ray Skull if not CT scan though CT is preferable to rule out any underlaying henatoma underneath the skull because concussion injuries need to be ruled out and a baseline neurological examination should also have been done.

Otherwise it resolves spontaneously and doesn't need agressive medications. Cold compresses and analgesics topical and oral can be given. Acetaminophen should be preferred over aleve as its easy on stomach.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana