Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

What do elevated HCG levels during delayed periods indicate ?

hello Sir, i am razia AAAAAAA i am 30+ and 60 kg. last 1 nd half year i am trying to b pregnant. but could not. i hav regular pereod of 28 days. also ovulating nicely. suddenly this month i missed my pereod nd after passing 2 days i did Beta HCG test. and the result was 14.95 mIU/mL . and after 3 days it was dicrease to 6.33mIU/mL . and at tthe days of seven i got pereod. was i pregnant?? is it a misscariage???? please tell me...please.....
Asked On : Wed, 21 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Hi Razia

Thanks for posting your query

Some basic information of HCG

In a non-pregnant woman, the values are less than 10 mIU/ml.

They are typically about 100 mIU/ml 14 days after ovulation in a healthy singleton pregnancy.

They should double every 48- 72 hours in a healthy pregnancy.

I should be clear now that you were not pregnant, considering the normal pattern of HCG

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it
Answered: Wed, 21 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Razia,

Thank you for submitting your query.

I would like to know,
1. If you were given a HCG injection?
2. Did you do a Urine Pregnancy Test at home. If yes, what was the result?
3. Did you suffer from unwanted bleeding?

HCG is detected in blood only if a HCG injection has been administered or during pregnancy because It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. HCG Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and If you have not received any HCG injection, the chances are high that you have suffered a Miscarriage or a blighted ovum which happens when a fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterine wall, but the embryo does not develop.

Here I would like to let you know that anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy and I would suggest you to get yourself examined by a competent Gynecologist for further evaluation.

Good Luck.

Take Care.
Answered: Wed, 21 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor