What could blood blisters on tonsils suggest?

I have tonsillitis and I this is the second time in about a month. I have been prescribed a stronger antibiotic called Biaxin. I only starting taking the medication yesterday but noticed this morning a new blood blister at the back of my throat on the tonsils. Is this normal? has the tonsillitis become worse? It is more painful than it was yesterday. Thanks
Mon, 9 Nov 2020

Biaxin is a good antibiotic and take a few more doses to work properly. Also, take an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen if it suits you as it has additional painkiller property, liquid povidone iodine gargles, and plenty of oral fluids. These should help you. Also, get the blood tested for WBC count and if increased then you may need an additional antibiotic for broad coverage. Send throat swab for gram staining, culture and sensitivity. Complete the management till cured and have proper follow up with continued management to avoid recurrence.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon