What could be the cause of heavy bleeding only during urination?

I have a concern regarding my periods. I don't have a bleed for a few months then I get what I think is a start of a period, usually old blood.
Recently every time I go to the loo I have a heavy bleed and then nothing again. This has been happening for a few days now. This morning I woke up bursting for a wee and I bleed slightly, later I went for a number 2 And I bled more heavily.

Could there be something wrong
Tue, 7 Jan 2014

It might be related to:
- urinary tract infection/stone (that can irritate/lacerate the urinary mucosa causing bleeding)
- genital infection

I'd suggest to :
- do urine analysis and culture and sensitivity
- do vaginal swab testing
- transvaginal/abdominal ultrasound

to determine the right culprit and start taking oral and local prescription medicines.

At the end, I strongly suggest to consult your physician as soon as possible to get proper diagnosis and treatment in time.

All the best!
Dr.Alba