Is Chlamydia trachomatis infection a sexually transmitted disease?
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted
Hello. thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Chlamydia trachomatis is a sexually transmitted disease. The only way it is acquired is through sexual contact with someone with the genital infection.
During birth chlamydia may infect the conjunctiva and may cause pneumonia in neonates but it has nothing to do with hydrocele. No STD ever causes a hydrocele unless it is secondary to repeated episodes of epididymitits.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Development time of sexually transmitted disease after infection
- Oral sexually transmitted diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases in men
- Consequences of sexually transmitted diseases
- Treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Common sexually transmitted diseases
- Is morganella a sexually transmitted disease
- Sexually transmitted disease causes
- Symptoms of Sexually transmitted disease
- Metallosis and sexually transmitted disease
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body