What causes severe cramp in inner thigh?

Hi. I had inner thigh cramp a few evenings ago. It lasted for about 15 minutes . I felt as if I was going to faint with the pain. I managed to call my hubby to help me and finally he managed to massage it away. Can you tell me if it means I am defficient in something please ?
Sat, 26 Apr 2014
Hello dear,

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:

1. Dietary deficiencies of certain nutrients like Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid, etc. which help in blood formation & nerve conduction.
2. Peripheral neuropathy secondary to any fluctuation in blood pressure or blood sugar levels.
3. Entrapment of nerve fibers at the Lumbosacral region or lower limb.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of nervigenic agents (like Vitamin B6, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid) as well as multivitamin & multimineral supplements including iron, calcium & Vitamin D needs to be added in your diet.
Physiotherapy & postural exercise will also be helpful.

If symptoms still persist, kindly consult a Neurologist & get a complete Neurological examination done.
Certain investigations like complete blood count, serum electrolyte estimation, fresh estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels & nerve conduction studies will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.

Wishing you a Good Health.