Suggest some home remedies for intermittent pain in shoulder tendon

Dr. Irshad H Naqvi

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: This question is for my wife, who is aged 38 years. She has been complaining for intermittent pain on the shoulder tendon, and sometimes suddenly it radiates down. There is a specific place exactly behind the shoulder on the joint of shoulder blade. But the pain is not persistent, it might appear sometime. Doing work does not increase it. Lying down turned left increases the pain. Sometimes just lying down straight and waking up in the morning shows the pain. She has not taken up any medicines for it so far, just going by home remedies. Initially one doctor suggested taking calcium, a year ago. But after that there is no improvement. On looking through the internet, the symptoms appear to be of tendonitis of shoulder but not sure. Please let me know how to proceed with treatment. She does not take pain killer as stomach upsets.
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Tendinitis,cervical rib,cervical spondylitis Detailed Answer: Hi Dear Welcome to the XXXXXXX It all appears to be tendinitis. Means inflammation of muscle end where it is attached to the bone. Many times this inflammation develops due to over and unusual use of that particular muscle . This can be over come by some regular physiotherapy, antiinflammatory drugs along rest to that muscle. Usually it takes some to subside. Orthopedic consultation to be sought for local examination, exact diagnosis and proper management. Physiotherapist consultation is quite important for the symptomatic relief Xray cervical region with shoulder is required to reach the diagnosis. Other possible causes may be extra cervical rib. Cervical spondylitis etc which may be causing some irritation of cervical nerves and in result pain and its radiation. Hope the query is answered. Please feel free for the further clarification Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E