What is the treatment for huge bump in buttock?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I fell from stairs and have huge bump in l buttock what I should do? Which doctor I should see?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult an orthopaedician. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description it seems to be soft tissue injury . Large bump might be due to haematoma formation(collection of blood). You need an x-ray to rule out any bony injury. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.Beside icing , you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow up: Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 minutes later
Shouldn't I see surgeon? I never heard about orthopaedician. Should I use jaquzi with Epsom salt? What about massage? I also put propolis in this bump. What do you think? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not use any of these things. Detailed Answer: Hi, You can consult a surgeon. Do not use any of these things. Do not massage the area. These might aggravate the condition.Instead of these, do icing over the affected part. Hope the information was helpful, if you have any further queries I am happy to answer, if no kindly close the query.