• question-icon

What does this blood report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I just did a CMP14+LP+TP+TSH+5ac+cbc/d/plt; venipuncture and had the following abnormal results:
Phospurus, Serum 1.8 Low
LDH 246 High
ALT (SGPT) 53 High

What does this mean and should I include additional vitamins or change my diet. I am presently doing a Tea 14 Day Detox Which I was on day 3 the day of the test. On my normal routine I take a Women's Multivitamin + 1000mg Vitamin C (2 x a day 500mg) + Bee Propolis daily. I have also modified to a low carb high protien diet for the past 45-60 days and this was my 2nd week at the GYM doing cardio and strength training about 2-hrs 5 days per week. I did take this test as soon as I cam out of the gym, In case that makes a difference.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Phosphorus low

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your question and I understand your concern.

Your LDH level and ALT levels are in the normal range but you phosphates/phosphorus level is low (1.8) and it's important to put it back to normal level.

Your vitamin D is in the normal range, right?

This case could be a low intake of phosphorus ( tea contains no phosphorus) in your diet.
Following a low phosphate/ phosphorus diet (only tea )could be the reason of the low level.

Start to eat foods that are rich in phosphorus: more meat, fish, nuts, beans, poultry, cereals, stop the Tea Detox diet only ...

You may need to go to your local doctor, he/she will add a supplement with phosphorus (oral tablets/liquid) and vitamin D in your diet.

You need to take 1000mg/ day phosphorus and take Vitamine D supplement.
After some days of replacement therapy, you have to check again phosphorus and vitamin D to see if it is back to normal.

Hope I have answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further clarifications, I'll be happy to help.
Take Care!
Dr. Balliu.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rudina Balliu