What causes back pain and abdomen pain?

i am having back pain.some time in right and sometimes in left.mean while i have a pain in the right abdomen.some times there will be back pain on both left and right.so, what to do.......and towhich doctor i should consult.as well as when i stands for long time or walks for long time then the pain comes to my hip and leg also.plz reply.
Tue, 23 Dec 2014
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

I think that your symptoms are caused by IBS(Irritable bowel syndrome).

To relieve you should follow these guidelines:
1. Avoid spicy and acidic foods.
2. Avoid alcoholic and carbonated drinks, coffee and milk.
3. Give up smoking cigarettes(if you do smoke).
4. Take proton pump inhibitor medications such as Nexium.

To confirm the diagnosis you need a fibrorectosigmoidoscopy, complete blood count, liver function test and urine test.

Consult your gastroenterologist.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.