Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe back pain

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10663 Questions
My wife is getting severe back pain. Which doctor to consult.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult an orthopedic surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
Common causes of low back pain are-

Poor postural habits
Muscular strain
Ligaments sprain
Herniated disc
Spinal stenosis
Proper diagnosis involves investigations like ultrasound of the abdomen, X-ray and MRI of the spine after an examination by your orthopedic surgeon.
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hot fomentation and oral muscle relaxants can provide a temporary relief till then.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe back pain 4 hours later
We went to hospital, but orthopaedic surgeon are not available as it is a Sunday. She has suggested few medicines which I have enclosed for your perusal. If the pain dose not subsidies she said will take x ray. Please suggest If she has suggested correctly. Or shall I take her to a different hospital where I get a orthopaedic doctor.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She can start with these medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the attached prescription. She has been started on mild pain killer and local gel. It is best to apply the gel after a hot compress. She can start with the medicines prescribed and in case the pain is still persistent after having 2-4 doses then she may need oral muscle relaxants like Tab. Tolagin 8 mg twice a day for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor