Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My wife is getting severe back pain. Which doctor to consult.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult an orthopedic surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Common causes of low back pain are-

Poor postural habits
Muscular strain
Ligaments sprain
Herniated disc
Spinal stenosis
Osteoporosis
Fibromyalgia
Proper diagnosis involves investigations like ultrasound of the abdomen, X-ray and MRI of the spine after an examination by your orthopedic surgeon.
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hot fomentation and oral muscle relaxants can provide a temporary relief till then.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe back pain 4 hours later
We went to hospital, but orthopaedic surgeon are not available as it is a Sunday. She has suggested few medicines which I have enclosed for your perusal. If the pain dose not subsidies she said will take x ray. Please suggest If she has suggested correctly. Or shall I take her to a different hospital where I get a orthopaedic doctor.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She can start with these medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the attached prescription. She has been started on mild pain killer and local gel. It is best to apply the gel after a hot compress. She can start with the medicines prescribed and in case the pain is still persistent after having 2-4 doses then she may need oral muscle relaxants like Tab. Tolagin 8 mg twice a day for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.