What causes severe pain and muscle twitching in the left hand?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: For past 12+ hours, I’ve had left side pain from left pectoral up through left shoulder and down my left arm to my hand. Sharpest pain is in shoulder, elbow and dorsal side of forearm. Some twitching in wrist and hand.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to cervical spndylosis.

Detailed Answer:
The left sided pain that you are having with twitching can be related to a mild nerve root compression or irritation at the level of cervical spine. This can be related to rotator cuff tendonitis also.
Proper diagnosis needs a through physical examination and an MRI scan of the shoulder and cervical spine. Till then rest pain killers, hot compress and application of local analgesic gel will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal