Suggest treatment for pain in the tailbone area and legs when diagnosed with spondylothesis

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have been diagnosed with spondylothesis of the L5 and S1 region. I have had an mri and x-rays for my back. I had an epidural injection(2) in Nov in my back which seemed to help the pain going down my legs for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I had two falls one from a step ladder in which I missed the last step and fell on my right side and the last fall was slipping on ice and I came down on my butt and now I have more pain-pain from sitting-I do have a gel pad with a hole for the tailbone and just from walking. The pain is contuing down my tail bone area and my legs. Was in a lot of pain today every time I walked but not for a real long distance. I really don't think anything is broke but I probably aggrevated everything when I fell (about a week ago). I'm wondering if I should see my ortho doctor or hold off for a couple more weeks?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,you can hold off for a couple more weeks,till than do hot fomentation,take muscle relaxant like thiocholchicoside 4mg twice daily and take rest,this will help you.If not than you can consult doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal