Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain in the tailbone area and legs when diagnosed with spondylothesis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10507 Questions
I have been diagnosed with spondylothesis of the L5 and S1 region. I have had an mri and x-rays for my back. I had an epidural injection(2) in Nov in my back which seemed to help the pain going down my legs for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I had two falls one from a step ladder in which I missed the last step and fell on my right side and the last fall was slipping on ice and I came down on my butt and now I have more pain-pain from sitting-I do have a gel pad with a hole for the tailbone and just from walking. The pain is contuing down my tail bone area and my legs. Was in a lot of pain today every time I walked but not for a real long distance. I really don't think anything is broke but I probably aggrevated everything when I fell (about a week ago). I'm wondering if I should see my ortho doctor or hold off for a couple more weeks?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query,you can hold off for a couple more weeks,till than do hot fomentation,take muscle relaxant like thiocholchicoside 4mg twice daily and take rest,this will help you.If not than you can consult doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor