Suggest treatment for sharp radicular pain in the leg and buttock
Nothing seems to help it (e.g. Ibuprofen, changing position (standing, sitting, laying, kneeling), heating pad).
The worse pain (nauseous-making) in the knee (feels like a knife inserted) and in the buttock. The front leg pain (above the knee) is more of a pulsating pain.
Prior to the pain, I was just doing normal household things, sat down for a few minutes rest, when I went to get back up from a seated position, it was very painful and hasn't left.
Worse, if anything.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Based on your description it seems you have developed radicular pain. It means you have nerve compression at your lower back and that is causing the pain radiation in buttock and leg.
My clinical acumen says it's L4, L5 radiculopathy. That is compression of nerve in between L4 and L5 disc.
For pain i advise following:
1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment like Volini locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
5. To take a combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocholchiside for a short course.
If you don't get relief in short course your doctor would post you for MRI LS spine.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Comprehensive myelopathy with radicular pain
- Treatment for radicular pain
- Suggest treatment for painful boil on buttocks
- Radicular pain causes
- Upper extremity radicular pain
- Diagnosis of Radicular pain
- Symptoms of Radicular pain
- Drugs/medication for Radicular pain
- Bench press radicular pain
- Treatment and cure for Radicular pain
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?