What causes sharp pain in the left shoulder?
likely muscle injury
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The posterior aspect of the lung would be the only organ in that area. Conditions affecting the lungs would usually also present with respiratory symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath etc
It is likely, as you thought, muscle related, this is likely since it improves with the application of heat and worsened with pressure from laying down.
The heat should be continued along with the advil though if the advil is not helping you can try aleve or voltaren.
Paracetamol can be added for additional pain relief. Avoiding any aggravating activities would be important.
If it is very severe then you may need a prescription for a muscle relaxant from your doctor
It can sometimes take at least 2 weeks for muscle injuries to improve.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain around left breast
- What causes sharp pain between left shoulder blade and spine
- What causes sharp pain in middle of left shoulder
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull