What causes lower back pain while walking?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Back Pain
Question: I get bad pains in lower back.within 5minutes pain starts bad pain but then it starts on right sides but then it goes to the other side sometimes goes back again.I can't stand up straight a lot of pain. On my back there is a dark red area that sometime itches or just feels hot
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
Low Back Pain Common Causes (considering your age):

• Nerve root syndromes are those that produce symptoms of nerve impingement (a nerve is directly irritated): Herniated discs, Spondylosis and Spinal disc degeneration

Musculoskeletal pain syndromes that produce low back pain includes myofascial pain syndromes and fibromyalgia.

• Infections of the bones: Bacterial and spinal Tuberculosis

• Noninfectious inflammation of the spine (spondylitis) can cause stiffness and pain in the spine that is particularly worse in the morning

• Renal stone
You need to visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment.
In the meanwhile, adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
Back pain is not from over do! I stand by the sink to wash dishes within two minutes I am in bad pain. It's on the right side all of a sudden it's on the left side. I have lean on the sink until I can seat down. I have the spot on my back for 4 to 6 months that is warm to the touch and sometimes I have to itch it!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be postural.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If the pain is only on standing in a certain way then it can be posture related or due to a muscle spasm. Oral muscle relaxants and rest can help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.