Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Weak bladder, urge to urinate with couple of drinks, no control, difficulty during intercourse. What treatment should be taken?

I m a 26 year old male and I have a very week bladder . It only takes a couple of drinks to make me want to go to the toilet with about 20 minute interludes. This happens when I intake all fluids. When I get the feeling of going to the toilet I have to go. My prostate doesn’t really kick in. This also has an affect during sexual intercourse which, being only 26, is a bit embracing. Should I be concerned and what action should I take? Regards Richard Roberts
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
hi richard, you should see a urologist for these symptoms. He/she would likely ask you to make an intake/urine output diary and get a few tests done, including a sonography to check for any infection/swelling of prostate or stone disease. You may have prostatitis (infection/swelling of prostate), which is treated with some medications for 1-2 month duration. If everything comes out normal, you may be advised medications for decreasing urine frequency and urgency. Problems with sexual intercourse need to be evaluated next, and if associated with prostatitis, usually improve once the prostatitis is treated. good luck.
Answered: Sun, 27 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor