Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Was in car crash previously. Having spinning during sleeping. Solution?

HI - !4 years ago I was in a car crash and have a blow to the front of my head, my doctor never ordered exrays or an mri and I am still suffering with burning and tigh bandedness to my fore head also recently I had an inner problem ( plugged up ) and now often when I am sleeping I awake suddenly with a spinning head so bad I feel sick. What should I do
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

I understand your problem

You do not have to worry about anything. I feel that you have paroxysmal positional vertigo. Generally this problem is treated with various exercises (apley maneuver, brandtdarroff maneuver etc). Medications like cinnarizine, betahistine may help reduce the nausea/vomiting etc but won't help in log term. Please consult a local neurologist who will have the advantage of examining you and also will rule out other conditions which can present in similar way.

Best wishes
Dr Gopal K Dash MD, DM, Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist and Epilepsy specialist
Nrayana Hrudayalaya Hospital, Bangalore
My Blog in the Web site:

Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor