What causes slight facial muscle twitching?
What type of focal seizures you had before?
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.
I would like to know the type of focal seizures you had before-please describe the seizure semiology?What activity used to happen?Are these facial twitches related to that?
I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with details.
EEG should be done.
Thanks for being in follow-up.
In presence of a strong odour and background of epilepsy, I think an EEG is needed to see if these facial twitches are just another type of focal seizures; though they may not be and related to other causes like Benign fasciculations or Hemifacial spasm.I would be able to tell in a better way if you can create a video of these twitches and upload it here.
Hope that helps.I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of facial twitching
- What causes twitching and tremoring in hands with stiff muscles
- What causes lower lip muscle to twitch
- What std causes muscle twitching
- What causes random muscle twitching in body
- Feeling facial twitching what could be causing this
- What causes muscle twitching in the thigh
- What causes muscle twitching in body and face
- What causes severe muscle cramps with slight fever
- Causes for facial ear and eye muscles twitching