What causes slight facial muscle twitching?

Neurologist
Question
I am having some slight twitching of some muscles in my face on just the left side
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What type of focal seizures you had before?

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

I would like to know the type of focal seizures you had before-please describe the seizure semiology?What activity used to happen?Are these facial twitches related to that?

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with details.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow-up: What causes slight facial muscle twitching? 8 hours later
I have had only partial seizures in the past. The first one was about 5 years ago and I got diagnosed with epilepsy about 3 years ago and have controlled the seizures with kepra. I have had two seizures only when I forgot too take medicine. I have never noticed any facial issues before any seizures but I usually get a sense of a strong odor.

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
EEG should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

In presence of a strong odour and background of epilepsy, I think an EEG is needed to see if these facial twitches are just another type of focal seizures; though they may not be and related to other causes like Benign fasciculations or Hemifacial spasm.I would be able to tell in a better way if you can create a video of these twitches and upload it here.

Hope that helps.I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)