Suggest remedies for ADHD

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Mental Health
Question: 16 year old daughter has tembling hands. She also picks at her scap and skin constantly She is medication for ADHD, but the symptoms are the same when she is not taking her meds. Her biological father was diagnosed with epilepsy, but both biological parents were meth addicts before and during the pregnancy.Gender should be female not male
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She should be evaluated and managed for OCD!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your daughter is experiencing. I have reviewed her information fully and it appears she has obsessive Compulsive Disorder(OCD). I will recommend that she gets evaluated for this and managed accordingly. This manifest with repeated actions/movements.

Bring this to the attention of her doctor managing her for ADHD and this would be addressed through cognitive behavioral therapy and medications.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 23 minutes later
Your answer has nothing to do with her symptoms. She does not have repetive behavior. She has trembling hands and her feet turn blue when she sits for a period of time.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is probably a side effect of her medication!

Detailed Answer:

Trembling is a side effect of drugs used in treating ADHD such as Adderall. I will suggest that the doctor reviews her drugs and adjust accordingly. Another possible cause are essential tremors and for this she will benefit form medications such as propanolol and clonazepam.

Let me know how this goes. I wish your daughter well and interested n getting her updates.