Would extreme panic attacks lead to heart attack or stroke?
I can understand your concern, but while 140/89 is slightly elevated, it won't lead to a heart attack or stroke unless perhaps it continues to be elevated for many many years. We consider a person to have hypertensive urgency if their upper number is 180 or higher, or their lower number is 110 or higher.
However, it is important to get control of your panic attacks as these are miserable to have of course. And they won't help your seizures. I strongly recommend that you discuss dose of Zoloft with a psychiatrist as he/she may want to increase the dose and also possibly add another medication depending on your history.
Lifestyle/behavioral treatments are also important, such as learning to meditate, and cognitive behavioral therapy with a psychologist.
But I can reassure you that your blood pressure won't cause an immediate heart attack or stroke.
Thoughts on this
If you are having headaches every day, and they have not been previously evaluated and attributed to your seizure disorder, then you should go in to have them evaluated. Anxiety and stress can cause muscle tension headaches (tightening muscles around the skull and neck can result in tension headaches) and stress can trigger migraines too if you have had migraines in the past. But if the type and cause of your headaches has not been determined, then do go in to be seen.
Anxiety doesn't usually cause blurred vision. Dizziness is not specific as it can be associated with many things - including anxiety.
So - do go in for the headaches and blurred vision.
Without being able to do a neurological exam or know a more detailed medical history, I can't say what it is. If the symptoms are new, and have not been evaluated or diagnosed previously, then you do need to go in now to be seen by a doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mdpv "heart attack or panic attack"
- Stroke and heart attack simultaneously
- Is belching a sign of heart attack or stroke
- Stroke heart attack worse
- Panic attack vs heart attack
- Panic attack or heart attack
- Heart attack or stroke in 20s
- Pre-heart attack or panic attack
- Is a stroke or heart attack curable
- Can panic attacks cause or contribute to heart attacks
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis