Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Vegetarian concerned about the height. Any help?

Hey, I am very concerned about my height.

I am currently 5'1 & 18 years old (Female), & would like to reach a minimum of 5'4.
In the past, i had a lot of trouble with eating & didnt eat the right food either. I also turned into a vegi from the age of 8/9.

My mum is around 5'4, & dad is 6'0, my sisters/brothers are taller than me. Is there any hope ?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Increase in the height usually stops by the age of 18 years in girls as the growth plate fusion occurs by this age.

And the one's final height is decided by genes, parents height, nutrition during childhood, and pubertal hormonal changes.

Nothing to worry about the height.

Take balanced and nutritious diet.

Consult your doctor for the clinical examination and to check for any underlying pathological conditions.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor