Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Upset stomach, diarrhea, large knot inside anus, redness, vaginal swelling. Which specialist can help?

I had an upset stomach and diarrhea for several days. So much wiping made anal area very sore and sensitive. Now I have a large knot about the size of a cadberry egg beside the anal hole. It is very red and swollen, the swelling has spread to my vagina , and it hurts to touch stand sit, move. My groin hurts in the crease of my leg almost all the way to my stomach. What could it be, and what kid of a doctor should I see?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The sudden onset of severe pain, redness and swelling in the anal region could be indicative of an abscess i.e. a localized collection of pus. You have mentioned that the swelling has spread to the vagina also and it is extremely painful, which is quite worrying.

There is no doubt that you need urgent medical attention, since this spread of infection could be potentially dangerous. I would advise you to go to the Emergency (ER) as early as possible.
Wish you all the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor