What causes upper abdominal pain aggravated by physical activity?
Possible hiatal hernia
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query.
Your symptoms may indicate specific condition called hiatal hernia and this means that stomach is protruding through diaphragm muscle.
It may cause pain that you describe which is aggravated by physical activity. Also it may cause breathing difficulties,nausea, swallowing difficultires and irritation of stomach.
It will also be aggravated by certain food or medications, stress and smoking. You need to avoid fried food, carbonated drinks, coffee, alcohol and spicy food.
You should eat more milk products, vegetables and boiled food. Also, certain antiacid medications may be required and as last option, it is possible to perform surgical repair of hernia especially if there are progressive respiratory discomfort and dyspepsia.
To diagnose it you should do gastroscopy and contrast xrays of stomach.
I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of upper abdominal pain
- Snus causing upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and back pain during night
- What caused upper abdominal pain with occasional nausea and vomiting
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain
- What is the reason for upper abdominal pain
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- Can kidney cysts cause upper abdominal pain?
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?