What causes severe abdominal distension?
May need Motility agents and Xray erect abdomen
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, It can be simple case of dyspepsia but causes like gastritis or pepetic ulcer disease should be ruled out. I would suggest to visit your primary physician and get detailed abdominal examination done including frequency of bowel sounds or movements. X-ray erect abdomen would be appropriate to look for any dilated gut loops or geaseous distentions. Ultrasound may reveal decreased parystalsis as that can also lead to flatulence. Continue using antacids like omperazole before meals and motility agents like domperidone. Using soft diets and avoiding heavy, spicy, junk meals or fizzy drinks is recommended.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left side abdominal distension
- What causes abdominal distension during pregnancy
- Abdominal distension hepatosplenmegaly
- Chronic abdominal distension paediatrics
- Abdominal distension in newborn
- Abdominal distension cause breathing problems
- Chronic abdominal distension causes
- Metformin abdominal distension
- Abdominal distension hepatosplenomegaly
- Neopeptine causing abdominal distension in newborn
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?