Suggest remedies for dizziness and vomiting

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i having vomiting for two days, and to dizzieness to get up, the room spins, been drinking water and hold some of it down now, but so dizzies i can't get out of bed.

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rehydrate

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. After vomiting for two days, you are probably dehydrated so I recommend you take Dramamine, Bonine or Gravol (any of these will help with nausea and vomiting and can be taken over the counter) and keep sipping electrolyte water and fruit juices to give you some energy back and help the body gain back the lost fluids. If you also have an upset stomach I recommend Pepto Bismol.

This may be stomach flu and if you do as recommended above, you should start feeling better in a few hours. I recommend you stop taking aspirin for now.

If, however, you do not feel better and you experience worsening symptoms, a headache, dizziness please see a doctor at the earliest.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Wishing you a fast recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T