Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Under severe mental stress, succumbed to alcohol intake with the awareness of it being wrong. Advice to cope up?

Dear Sir .Myself ashok working as Manager in a private firm.I am 27 yeard old. I am already loaded with lot of responsibilities and commitments in office. Also in personal life i am subjected to lot of stress due to frequent misunderstanding and quarells between my spouse and mother which is making my ming thoroughly burdened with mental stress . I dont want to break the Joint family link. As a result of stress in personal and office lives i have succumbed to alcohol practice daily which gives me a bit of stress relaxation . I am consciously doing somethin wrong and going astray .Need your advice on how to cope up with my situation and come out of this so that i live a healthy life which i was maintaining before my marriage.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you are going through a stressful period in your life. You have also mentioned that you have resorted to alcohol due to your stress and that t has become a daily habit. Though alcohol may be helping you with your anxiety and stress temporarily, in the long run, it will have delitirious consequences on your physical as well as mental health.

It's good that you have been able to realize that you are slowly getting addicted to alcohol and have sought help. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist in your area for a detailed psychological evaluation and for planning further treatment. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome your alcohol addiction. There are also good psychological techniques which will help you manage your stress and teach you better coping skills. So, please seek the help of a psychiatrist at the earliest..

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Wed, 9 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor