Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, delayed periods. Prescribed duphaston for seven days. Will it help in conceiving?

im 35 year old i have no child .i had triying to 3 years to my marrige. my hight 5,2 inches and my waight 67 kg. this month my period is 15 days late pregnancy report is negative. the doctor decided to give me duphaston for 7 days. i take it 2 times a day. what will it exactlly do? duphastone is helpful for conceiving.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Shilpimittal95,

Thank you for using the services of Healthcare Magic.

Dyphaston is a synthetic progesterone used for treating several conditions that are the result of a lack of progesterone including menstrual disorders like, secondary amenorrhoea (menstrual periods that have stopped, are absent or irregular). Your weight is OK for you to become pregnant.

It is advisable for you and your husband to see a fertility Doctor.

Hope this is going to be of help to you.
Answered: Wed, 9 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor