is oral intake of Naturogest,safe?

Posted on Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Doctor recommended Naturogest 200 after IUI.Is taking the medicine orally okay?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, Naturogest 200 can be taken orally. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Your doctor has prescribed right medicines. Naturogest contains micronised progesterone and progesterone is often prescribed after an intrauterine insemination to promote embryo implantation and it increase the chances of pregnancy. Progesterone can be taken orally and it is safe. It can also be taken through vaginal or intramuscular route. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist