Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Treatment for infected,swollen and painful abscess in the groin area

Hello, I am 31 years old, about 290 lbs and I m 5 8. I just found out I m hypertension , i m allergic to peanuts and fresh fruit. Two years ago I had an abcess located in the groin area. I was a inpatient for a week because the abcess was badly infected to the point that I couldn t even walk. It was drained, it healed and now its back in the same spot. My abcess is infected, swollen, and a little painful. I recently went to the hospital and the doctor said that he can t make an excision because no head is visible. I got a prescription for two meds,AMOX-CLAV 875MG and SULFAMETH/TRIMETHOPRIN 800/160 tabs. What can I do to help treat and prevent this abcess. Should I stop shaving?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  324
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Immediate: Continue Antibiotics, Stop Shaving
Short term: Follow with the surgeon, abscess may eventually need not require draining; if so surgeon is best person. Exclude Diabetes by getting FBS and HbA1C done
Mid term: Follow Advise about weight reduction. First thing be make a chart of average intake of food items per day and then seek advice how to go about curtailing these. Similarly, what exercise you are able to do after this abscess phase is over and how you can increase that.

Dr Anil Grover
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor